fun stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» just checkin in
Dinner tonight  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm by Admin

» Merry Christmas e1 :)
Dinner tonight  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm by w8in4dave

» Happy Thanksgiving!!
Dinner tonight  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 am by w8in4dave

» Onion Powder and hot pepper powder
Dinner tonight  EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:33 am by w8in4dave

» tomorrow :(
Dinner tonight  EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:56 pm by Admin

» North Carolina
Dinner tonight  EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 pm by Admin

» Homemade garlic powder
Dinner tonight  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 am by Admin

» Headache Sigh!!!!!
Dinner tonight  EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:41 am by Admin

» I sure do wish peeps would get here...
Dinner tonight  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Dinner tonight

3 posters

Go down

Dinner tonight  Empty Dinner tonight

Post  Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 am

Dinner tonight was a roasted chicken with some snap peas flower It was pretty good!! Dave isn't here so I shared it with my dog hehehee!!! lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://funstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner tonight  Empty Shrimp Jambalya

Post  Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:10 pm

I got this recipe as a gift with some of the seasoning and some popcorn shrimp, It was supposed to be Crawfish Jambalya but in Mi. we do not have Crawfish so I substituted for shrimp..

1/2 lb Smoked Sausage
1/2 C. Bell Pepper
1/2 C. Celery
1/2 C. White Onion
1/4 C. Green Onion with the tops
1 Clove Garlic Minced or 1/2 tsp powder
1/2 C. Uncooked Rice
1 C. Water
1/2 cup canned tomatoes or 1 C. tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 lb Shrimp
1 tsp Creole Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste

Chop vegetables, Saute Sausage , Green Pepper, Celery, Onions, and Garlic in large skillet, Cook until tender, BUT NOT BROWN, Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil stir once or twice, reduce heat, Cover and simmer about 20 mins or until rice is tender , Mixture should be slightly moist , Fluff with fork and serve Very Happy

Sounds yummy! Doesn't it?? And wouldn't you know it? I forgot my acid reflux pills!! LOl Oh well this is worth the suffering Very Happy
affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://funstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner tonight  Empty Re: Dinner tonight

Post  w8in4dave Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Admin wrote:I got this recipe as a gift with some of the seasoning and some popcorn shrimp, It was supposed to be Crawfish Jambalya but in Mi. we do not have Crawfish so I substituted for shrimp..

1/2 lb Smoked Sausage
1/2 C. Bell Pepper
1/2 C. Celery
1/2 C. White Onion
1/4 C. Green Onion with the tops
1 Clove Garlic Minced or 1/2 tsp powder
1/2 C. Uncooked Rice
1 C. Water
1/2 cup canned tomatoes or 1 C. tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 lb Shrimp
1 tsp Creole Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste

Chop vegetables, Saute Sausage , Green Pepper, Celery, Onions, and Garlic in large skillet, Cook until tender, BUT NOT BROWN, Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil stir once or twice, reduce heat, Cover and simmer about 20 mins or until rice is tender , Mixture should be slightly moist , Fluff with fork and serve Very Happy

Sounds yummy! Doesn't it?? And wouldn't you know it? I forgot my acid reflux pills!! LOl Oh well this is worth the suffering Very Happy
affraid

Just for ya all to know , I am the same person as above ... I made the recipe and OMG it was soooo good a lil hot from the whole can of tomatoes and peppers but OMG it was wonderful Very Happy
w8in4dave
w8in4dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  w8in4dave Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am

Dinner tonight  Fe8fe8de
Add rice and canned maters, and shrimp
Dinner tonight  275e888f
Let it cook till rice is done Very Happy
And there ya have it!! Shrimp Jambalya man it was spicy to Very Happy
Dinner tonight  767a6df8
w8in4dave
w8in4dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dinner tonight  Empty Healthy Homemade (not from a can) sloppy joes (from the Jamie Oliver website)

Post  brenda Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Jamie Olivers Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joe is an all-American classic, and here’s one you can easily make yourself at home. It won’t take you long and you’ll know exactly what’s in it.

ingredients

• ¾ pound lean ground beef or turkey (10 % fat)
• 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
• 1 green bell pepper, cored seeded and diced
• ¾ cup tomato purée
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• ½ teaspoon chile powder
• ½ 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. Put a large sauté pan over a medium heat and crumble in the beef or turkey. Fry until the meat starts to brown then add the bell pepper and onion. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the veggies start to soften – this should take around 5 to 10 minutes.

2. When the veggies are tender, add the tomato purée and stir into the meat, then add the vinegar, brown sugar, honey, mustard and chile powder to the pan and give everything a really good stir. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is nice and thick.

3. To serve: pile the Sloppy Joe mix onto the bottom of a bun or middle of a wrap, top it with lettuce and close up the sandwich or roll up the wrap.

Serving suggestions:
Delicious served with an Everyday chopped green salad or some Brilliant broccoli.

beef recipe1

© Dan Jones sloppy joe
servings
4 method

Sloppy Joe is an all-American classic, and here’s one you can easily make yourself at home. It won’t take you long and you’ll know exactly what’s in it.Jamie’s top tips• Look out for ground beef with around 10% fat – if buying turkey, try to buy the best quality you can afford. Don’t buy poor-quality turkey mince. If your grocery store has a meat counter you can ask them to grind the meat for you.• This can be made completely ahead of time and reheated just before serving. If you’re reheating Sloppy Joes, add water a little bit at a time to loosen.• If you want to give it a bit of a kick add some more chile powder or even a chopped fresh chile.For serving:4 whole wheat hamburger buns or whole wheat wraps1 cup shredded lettuce1. Put a large sauté pan over a medium heat and crumble in the beef or turkey. Fry until the meat starts to brown then add the bell pepper and onion. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the veggies start to soften – this should take around 5 to 10 minutes.2. When the veggies are tender, add the tomato purée and stir into the meat, then add the vinegar, brown sugar, honey, mustard and chile powder to the pan and give everything a really good stir. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is nice and thick.3. To serve: pile the Sloppy Joe mix onto the bottom of a bun or middle of a wrap, top it with lettuce and close up the sandwich or roll up the wrap.Serving suggestions:Delicious served with an Everyday chopped green salad or some Brilliant broccoli.Tips from the dietitian:• Sloppy Joe is a real favorite, but for a healthier version, use lean ground turkey instead of beef – the leaner meat is better for the heart.• Rinsing beans removes some of the salt but you can also look for low-sodium or no-salt-added beans. Serving suggestions:Delicious served with an Everyday chopped green salad or some Brilliant broccoli.Tips from the dietitian:• Sloppy Joe is a real favorite, but for a healthier version, use lean ground turkey instead of beef – the leaner meat is better for the heart.• Rinsing beans removes some of the salt but you can also look for low-sodium or no-salt-added beans. Food safety:As soon as you crumble the beef into the skillet, wash your hands in hot soapy water, same as you would any time you handle raw meat, fish or poultry. Sloppy Joe is an all-American classic, and here’s one you can easily make yourself at home. It won’t take you long and you’ll know exactly what’s in it.

Jamie’s top tips
• Look out for ground beef with around 10% fat – if buying turkey, try to buy the best quality you can afford. Don’t buy poor-quality turkey mince. If your grocery store has a meat counter you can ask them to grind the meat for you.
• This can be made completely ahead of time and reheated just before serving. If you’re reheating Sloppy Joes, add water a little bit at a time to loosen.
• If you want to give it a bit of a kick add some more chile powder or even a chopped fresh chile.

For serving:
4 whole wheat hamburger buns or whole wheat wraps
1 cup shredded lettuce

1. Put a large sauté pan over a medium heat and crumble in the beef or turkey. Fry until the meat starts to brown then add the bell pepper and onion. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the veggies start to soften – this should take around 5 to 10 minutes.

2. When the veggies are tender, add the tomato purée and stir into the meat, then add the vinegar, brown sugar, honey, mustard and chile powder to the pan and give everything a really good stir. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil and cook until the sauce is nice and thick.

3. To serve: pile the Sloppy Joe mix onto the bottom of a bun or middle of a wrap, top it with lettuce and close up the sandwich or roll up the wrap.

Serving suggestions:
Delicious served with an Everyday chopped green salad or some Brilliant broccoli.

Tips from the dietitian:
• Sloppy Joe is a real favorite, but for a healthier version, use lean ground turkey instead of beef – the leaner meat is better for the heart.
• Rinsing beans removes some of the salt but you can also look for low-sodium or no-salt-added beans.

brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  w8in4dave Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:55 pm

So how did you like it??? Just curious Very Happy It sounds really good!! I am going to put a sticky up for great sites Very Happy his will go in there!! Thanks Brenda
w8in4dave
w8in4dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendalee84 Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 pm

w8in4dave wrote:So how did you like it??? Just curious Very Happy It sounds really good!! I am going to put a sticky up for great sites Very Happy his will go in there!! Thanks Brenda

Yea i did.. it was really good!

Brendalee84

Back to top Go down

Post  w8in4dave Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 pm

We are having steak and shrimp shish~kabobs tonight Very Happy We are up north and for some reason we make more shish~kabobs up here then at home .. We have so perfected them ... We use pear, green pepper, onion and yummyness!!
w8in4dave
w8in4dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum