fun stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » just checkin in
    Fun stuff!! EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm by Admin

» Merry Christmas e1 :)
    Fun stuff!! EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm by w8in4dave

» Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Fun stuff!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 am by w8in4dave

» Onion Powder and hot pepper powder
    Fun stuff!! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:33 am by w8in4dave

» tomorrow :(
    Fun stuff!! EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:56 pm by Admin

» North Carolina
    Fun stuff!! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 pm by Admin

» Homemade garlic powder
    Fun stuff!! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 am by Admin

» Headache Sigh!!!!!
    Fun stuff!! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:41 am by Admin

» I sure do wish peeps would get here...
    Fun stuff!! EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

Fun stuff!!

2 posters

Go down

Fun stuff!! Empty Fun stuff!!

Post  w8in4dave Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:31 pm

where I work sends out Monday and Friday fowards via email. they are funny ones or make you think ones. This was a make you think one I thought I would share.

How green are you?

In the line at the store, the cashier told the older woman that she should bring her own grocery bag because plastic bags weren't good for the environment. The woman apologized to him and explained, "We didn't have the "green" thing back in my day." The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. The former generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right, that generation didn't have the green thing in its day. Back then, they returned their milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But they didn't have the green thing back in that customer's day.

In her day, they walked up stairs, because they didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. They walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine
    every time they had to go two blocks.

But she was right. They didn't have the green thing in her day.

Back then, they washed the baby's diapers because they didn't have the throw-away kind. They dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts - wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that old lady is right, they didn't have the green thing back in her day.

Back then, they had one TV, or radio, in the house - not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn't have electric machines to do everything for you. When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.

Back then, they didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn't need to go to a health club
    to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right, they didn't have the green thing back then.

They drank from a fountain when they were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled their writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen,
    and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But they didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And they didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful the old folks were just because they didn't have the green thing back then? WOW!!
    w8in4dave
    w8in4dave
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Fun stuff!! Empty WOW!!!!!!!!

Post  candace_ferguson Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 am

This is very inetersting but very true i didnt think about how well the earth was takin care of back in the day.... its amazing we need to go back to some of those things....
    candace_ferguson
    candace_ferguson

Back to top Go down

Fun stuff!! Empty Re: Fun stuff!!

Post  w8in4dave Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:56 am

It as amazing Very Happy
    w8in4dave
    w8in4dave
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Fun stuff!! Empty Re: Fun stuff!!

Post  Sponsored content